Tuesday, September 15, 2009

WHY SKATEBOARDING HAS CONSUMED MY LIFE FEAT. KEVIN HORN






so i have decided to take a break from reporting on my stupid daily activities and cheap beer (sorry daniel), to bring a special report to you on skateboarding, and one of, if not the best friend i have, kevin horn.

So here the first "skate photo" of Arizona. This is my homies deven, danny, and marlin eyeing the "walmart" ledge. this ledge i fairly famous, bu
t then again, i do know more about the AZ skate scene then the average bear. but anywho, this spot is sick, the notion that anyone has skated this is insane, this ledge is soooper hard to skate, but anywho it pretty tight, and i would suggest skating it if you're in the hood.







So this picture is that of two people that I consider family, Kevin Horn and Sebastian Zeck. Kevin Horn is one of the tightest homies I have. he has filmed us since as long as i can remember, and he is finally getting the recognition he deserves with his up coming flick "New Flavors". I got a chance to interview him, even though i talk to this kook everyday, it was still awesome to talk to him, so check it out:

1) So lets get formalities out of the way, lets pretend I don’t know you, but we both know that aint true, any who: what is your name, where are you from, and what are you hyped about in the general world at the moment?

My name is Kevin Horn. I am from Saint Paul, Minnesota, and I am currently hyped on finishing my video.

2) So according to contents of my hard drive, this video you’re making, new flavors, I do believe it has something to do with skateboarding is almost done, what are your feelings about the video?

I am super excited for it to be finished. I've been working on it for about two years now, and as fun as it has been, I'm ready to be done. I'm really proud of all the guys who have been filming parts for New Flavors. The amount of progression I've seen from everybody is incredible.

3) Using your film student skills, can you explain to me why the movie “cloverfield” sucks, feel free to disagree too.
Haha, this is kind of embarrassing. I haven't seen "Cloverfield" but I think I know why you don't like it. The whole movie is hand held, which is kind of ridiculous but it's good to try new things I suppose. Now I know to never shoot an entire movie hand held.

4) If your life was a mirror image of the show “Seinfeld” and you were jerry, what real life people would be George, Kramer, and Elaine.

You would be George, Peter would Kramer, and Basti would be Elaine because I really don't have a female friend who we all hang out with everyday.

5) On dec. 21 2012m the Mayan apocalypse but of course, where will I be able to find you.

You will find me at the 24 hour Girl Talk concert, probably naked.

6) What video game do you frown upon me the most for playing?
Metal Gear Solid. I don't fucking understand why you like it so much, or video games in general. Hahaha. But it makes you who you are so it's whatever.

7) How fucking cool was it that we played in the metrodome!? I totes forgot about that, that was epic.

Damn dude that was what, like almost two years ago now? I can't believe we did that. Looking back, it's so weird that I played sports in high school. Let alone playing at the fucking Metrodome with you. I'm glad we shared that experience together.

8) If you were stuck on an island with only soulja boy or lil wayne. Who could you live with for longer before committing suicide?

Lil Wayne, because I find him somewhat entertaining. Does Soulja Boy even have more than one song?

9) If you were in Arizona Ice Tea headquarters, and they said you could have one can of any falvor, what flavor would you choose?

The original lemon iced tea, duh.

10) In five years where does Kevin Horn see himself?

Shit, I'll be 25. I will be done with college, not working at Davanni's anymore, and hopefully shooting bigger projects. Okay, you've known me for like 6 years. I don't think I've changed since then and I don't plan to change when i'm 25. I'll be doing the same shit, with the same people, having just as much fun as ever.

11) Okay, time to give shout outs if you got’em, and give a little ending statement if you want.

Well of course I gotta give a shout out to my man Sig for conducting this interview, and being my wing man for 6 solid years. I also gotta give shouts to Basti, Peter, and Jeremy, and the whole New Flavors crew for that matter. Love you guys. Thanks to everyone who's put up with me and skated in front of my camera.
Ending statement, eh?
I told myself that 2009 was going to be the best year of my life, and so far there has not been one moment where this statement did not hold true.


So to get to the bottom of the issue, here is a photo of my minnesota skate family. Minnesota is different skating in cause there are so many awesome people, and you don't even need to be good, cause everyone is just fun to be with. the first thing im doing when im getting home is late night cruising with these mother fuckers, and having the time of my life.







As a end note, elaboration on some of kevin's anwsers. first, YES basti would totally be the girl of the group, thats soo hilarious. Metal Gear Solid is fun because of its plot progression, yeah i know im a nerd for saying that. Kevin Horn, you are truly a g.

Well, its time to go america remember to stay fla fla fla fly-ahi.
Also listen to The King of Carrot Flowers parts 1, 2 and 3. its truly a song that deserved three parts. MAD LOVE TO MINNESOTA

No comments:

Post a Comment